Darien Lake Theme Park is our destination for fun in the summer

The last time we visited Darien Lake Theme Park was six years ago during our Summer Babe’s birthday. I know it has been a very long time since then. She is now turned into two digit. Since my husband is working over time lately, he missed the family time. It is my very first time to drive by myself to visit this amazing theme park in Western New York.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park entrance_zpsepaols4n.jpg

Driving took me at least 30 minutes. I missed some turns but we made it alright to the theme park. You have to pay $9 for parking. The parking lot has enough space for every vehicles. You can see plate numbers not only from Western New York but out of State as well.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Hook Lagoon_zpsk43bkgs2.jpg

There are many lines where you can enter smoothly at the theme park. Since I have my tickets already, we do not need to buy our tickets. Adult tickets for one day pass is $38.99, Senior citizens ages 55 and over is $29.99 and kids under 48″ tall is $29.99. You can also buy the season pass or even groups through online to save you money.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Hook Lagoon B_zpso9apfc9h.jpg

We got there two hours after the theme park is open. It was cloudy that day but it rained few hours before we visited the theme park. My kids are very excited to explore Darien Lake Theme Park. We always visit the Hooks’ Lagoon where there is pool, captain’s boat and everything in between. There are lifeguards all over. Parents or guardian always need to keep an eye on their kids for more safety.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Rip Curl Racer_zpsnqyyewal.jpg

We then visited the new water slide this year. it is called Rip Curl Rider. This water slide is so much fun. My kids love this ride. The advantage of being early, you do not need to fall in-line.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Lazy ride_zpswvkio5we.jpg

There are many rides wet or dry for everybody. There are rides that only for little kids and other rides for bigger kids. There are so many fun rides from simple to crazy rides where wild kids can ride. My kids did not ride the crazy roller coaster though my Summer Babe really wanted to ride the roller coaster bu her big brother is afraid so we escape it.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Swirl Ride A_zpsojlsosss.jpg

The theme park is so clean. There are garbage cans all over. There are many restaurants to buy food. I ordered hotdog and chicken combos. My daughter has pizza. Every food combo comes with french fries. There are souvenir stores to shop. I bought some glasses for my son. I bought post cards for myself. There are also ATM where you can get money. There are many lockers where you can rent to keep your valuables safety.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Wave Pool_zpsjbhw3kt9.jpg

My favorite wet ride is the wave pool. It reminds me of my home town. My kids also love the wave pool where you can feel the waves and have fun with the pool. My daughter likes the Moto Coaster where you ride a motorcycle in the roller coaster. It is a short ride but she had a blast.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Pirate_zpsqgqfpzqr.jpg

There are many things to do at Darien Lake Theme Park. There is hotel and campground if you want to stay overnight. You have to plan your visit so you and your family will have the best time in summer.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Carousel_zpso9ug9fxw.jpg

We cannot wait to visit Darien Lake Theme Park next summer. I hope this time my husband can go with us. Our Summer Babe and her Daddy will ride the crazy roller coaster where people who has guts and not afraid to have a blast can ride it. We highly recommend Darien Lake Theme Park to everybody .

photo Darien Lake Theme Park FerriesWheel_zps6rjpliem.jpg

Please do not forget to check out their Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Instagram for updates of their coolest ride and promotions. You do not want to miss any deals for you and your family next summer.

photo Darien Lake Theme Park Complumentary Tickets_zpsapu9ljip.jpg
Disclosure:

I received complimentary tickets from Darien Lake Theme Park as being a member of US Family Guide in exchange of my honest review.

This entry was posted in family, outdoor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Darien Lake Theme Park is our destination for fun in the summer

1. Crizzy Kiss says:

To be honest, I never traveled with my family like this when I was a kid. What a cool summer fun place to be with family, I’m sure everyone is having a great time!

2. Any water amusement park is always a hit when you have kids. This looks like a beautiful one.

3. RC says:

The ticket price is kind of expensive but it seemed you all had fun which makes it all worth it.

4. Nova says:

we went there at least twice this year mommy because we did enjoy the rides as well as the splash town, my kids loves to be in the water and of course the mommy has to be with them too. I did a few rides, very scary but it was amazing!!!!

5. Jojo Vito says:

This park look so great. I’m sure kids will really enjoy here:)

6. Oh lucky you, we don’t have anything like this around here. I’d love to plan a vacation to the theme park in the future though.

7. Liz Mays says:

So much fun to be had for sure! I love all the slides and the lazy river!

8. Cecile says:

Looks like a lot of fun! My family loves water parks.

9. R U S S says:

I love love love water theme parks. I’ve always found them to be more fun and exciting compared to the other kinds of theme parks, probably because I love the water. Those giant slides look really exciting. I hope to go to Darien Lake Theme Park in one of my future trips. It would be great to spend a day there with family.

10. That park looks so fun!! I have to go there with my son, he would love it.

11. Amy Jones says:

Wow this is great! the rides look amazing. There’s no way you can’t have fun in this place

12. Kathy Myers says:

This looks awesome, wish it was closer to where I live. My grandsons would love it!

13. Rachel says:

This looks like so much fun! I know my kids would love it <3

14. Ana says:

What a fun theme park, I love water parks and darien lake is meant to be really fun I have heard so anyway. Awesome that it was your summer destination.

15. Jamela P says:

That looks like a ton of fun! I wish we had something like this closer. My kids would just love this.

16. I looove theme parks, brings back such awesome childhood memories and this one looks amazing. would like to visit someday soon.

17. Eileen Kelly says:

We love water parks and this looks like a lot of fun. The price is quite reasonable and there are plenty if rides

18. Echo says:

This looks like so much fun! My kids absolutely love waterparks!

19. Elizabeth O. says:

Sounds like an awesome place to take the kids to! There’s so much to do here and it’s the perfect place for the summer as well. I’m sure you had a lot of fun there!

20. Glenda says:

Sounds like a fun place to visit. The kids look like they had an amazing time 🙂

21. Azlin Bloor says:

My kids love theme parks like this one! And I can just imagine us adults having a superb time too!

22. This place looks like Splash Island here is Ph, yeah there’s a lot of similarities. I love water park and it’s really good for family bonding.

23. Mhaan A says:

One of the great place to spend a day with the whole family. The pool looks inviting!

24. That place just emits a fun aura from it, I would love to go here and spend some quality time with my sister’s kids! The fees does not look steep at all, I bet it’s worth it.